Here are the top six reasons why I believe Pilates would rock anyone’s body.
- It gives you a deep internal core strength that is really pretty much impossible to find anywhere else. I believe yoga is great but I do not think that it gives you the same sort of core strength that Pilates does.
- Pilates increases your flexibility. It can be painful at times to increase your flexibility, but it is one thing that will help anyone as they start to grow older to have a healthy movable flexible body.
- It gives you long, lean-looking muscles as opposed to bulky ones that you see from going to the gym and lifting heavy weights. But the wonderful thing about Pilates is you’re working with such little resistance and small weights so that your muscles actually appear to be longer and leaner.
- Pilates actually makes you taller. It makes you taller and improves your posture at the same time by doing the extension exercises that we touched upon previously. The Swan was one was one of them in Pilates for Dummies. That’s a great extension exercise which will help improve posture. Everything just kind of stretches and strengthens while you’re working out.
- It strengthens your back muscles; all the erector spinae muscles that support your spine. Pilates gives tons of strength to those areas which a lot of people are lacking because of the way we live life these days; driving cars, working at desk to name a couple. Everyone’s backs are most of the time pretty weak.
- It gives you an overall workout. You’re working from head to toe, you’re getting arm workout, stomach, legs. It’s great for women but also really important for men because a lot of them lack with flexibility and core strength.